Information is an essential input to national development. The modern library has great responsibility in harnessing and utilization of information. The library and information centers strive for high quality of library services which emphasis the actual delivery of information rather than actual delivery of documents for meeting their generic as well as specific needs of the users . ABGIT encourages every student to use the library that has been carefully built up since the inception of the college. At present this library has a stock of 57,000 volumes of books and about 5000 back volumes of scientific and technical periodicals. The library also subscribed to over 271specialized journals, of which 21 journals are from overseas countries. The ABGIT library follows the open access system, encouraging the user to Brose freely in the stock area.
Standard text books and books by authors of repute in all fields taught at the college are stocked. The college follows a policy of buying multiple copies of many of these books to make them available to a large number of students. There is no question of budget approval when it comes to the buying of books. Thus students are not likely to be handicapped for want of reference materials at any time.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
1. Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library
2. Bags, Big hand bags and files are strictly prohibited inside the library
3. No reader shall take any printed materials inside the library. The readers are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the library counter.
4. Borrowed library materials are strictly prohibited to take the same again inside the library.
5. The counter shall be closed 30 minutes before the closing of the library.
6. If the due date falls on a holiday for the library, the next working day will be taken as the due date.
7. Books will be issued to the students only after surrendering the students borrower tickets.
8. If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the book.
9. Books will be issued subject to availability
10. Any kind of marking, underlying, clipping of books is absolutely for bidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
11. Absence from the college will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
12. Under special circumstances, the librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
13. A fine of Rs. 10/- will be charged for each ticket that is lost.
14. The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any book issued against his/her original or duplicate library borrowers ticket.
15. Reference books, Newspapers and Magazines/journals should not be taken out.